My journey to Kimchi-land
So this is the start of my journey to Kimchi-land, well it started a few days ago and ever since it was a series of ecstasy and disappointment but today my estimated success rate finally reached 75%. Three days ago the German national mailing-list distributed a message from Kingsbaduk. A company dedicated to start a Go school in a serious manner, actually they will give out 10 scholarships for aspiring western players who want to be professional players. They if accepted will study at least five years as scholarship students in the Kingsbaduk Academy. But first of all Kingsbaduk offers a three months special event! Three months studying there for free with only two conditions:
- must be under 30 years old
- must be at least 10 kyu
Luckily I fulfill these conditions. So I decided to go there, in contrast to studying Baduk there by normal means it saves about 1500€ at least for now.
My first success: my parents agree with me that I should go and see if I like studying Baduk seriously. Yay!
My to do list:
- book the flights
- issue my formal application
- get the appropriate passport
- get the need vaccination
- crash course in Korean!!!
- cancel one appointment left at university for march
- finish three essays left for university in february
- buy a low-budget digital camera
- at least learn how to make tea
- take the airplane on the 28th of February
Well I think that is all I can think of for now. Tomorrow I'll get the photos for the passport and then promptly will try to get the passport.