寒かったら、お茶が温め、暑かったら、冷やし、鬱なら元気にし、しんどかったら、落ち着かせる。

Friday, April 22, 2011

Hannover Tournament 2011

Hi guys,

last weekend I was in Hannover, Germany on a tournament called "Messeturnier Hannover" on 16./17.04.2011.
It was a small, but very nice and well organized tournament. I started as 3k - after my last tournament i had to promote myself from 5k to 3k :)

In the first round I got to play a 3k. He wasn't pretty strong but I had my problems with him. I've lost with black by 11.5 pts. The second was better for me, cause I crushed my opponent, a 3k.  In the last round of the day, I played another 3k. I think I was up to the middle game ahead, but in the endgame I lost a big group. The game ended by alot for my opponent.

I slept with some other guys at a players house in Hannover and it was no other like Christoph Gerlach, 6dan. We ate at a Greek restaurant and reviewd for top board game from a 4dan. It was a nice evening and around 12pm we went to his flat. At "home" we reviewed anoter game, this time just a 2kyu game ;)
At 2am we got some sleep :)

The next morning was kinda hard for me, less sleep...But anyway I played against a 5k, who had until that time a 3:0 series. In this game I got some profit and in the end I won by 19.5 pts. In the last round I played against a 2k. I could have won the game if I didn't do such a reading mistake in the endgame. It was 15-20 pts worth. So I resigned cause I was ~10pts behind.

Between the breaks I got I visited the top boards to have a look on them.

- a1r -

No comments: