寒かったら、お茶が温め、暑かったら、冷やし、鬱なら元気にし、しんどかったら、落ち着かせる。

Monday, April 6, 2009

Training diary 2

03-04-09 - 05-04-09 Two and a half day in Seoul. Friday afternoon until Sunday evening. In the morning we studied for the test and after that was written Kim-sabomnim announced that if we wanted could go to Seoul in the afternoon. Needless to say that despite a few exceptions we instantly agreed on going. It was decided that five of us ten who would go could stay at the International Baduk Academy. So naturally our first stop was there. We met a few students of the IBA and a few of their teachers along with Professor Lee Kibong. The others engaged playing or chatting with the other students quite fast my the group I arrived with first set out for dinner first. Up on returning I tried to chat with that one Korean girl who just had finished beating Pedro soundly. After a few minutes of more or less unsuccessful conversatio n in Korean, as she could not speak Korean I asked: "Baduk dubsida?" I challenged her to a game. She, Park Ji Young, 20 years old vs me, same age. After telling me that she was KGS 6dan and others telling me she was really strong we settled on a 2 stone handicap I felt comfortable to win with. However... how fooled I was.
After seeing the most gentle moves I have ever seen, I was left puzzled. Such kind moves and yet I resigned the game.

I had a slow talk with her and another Korean boy after reviewing the game just talking in Baduk which worked much better than trying to do casual conversation. The boy however could speak English quite well so we got along quite well. So I got to know that she very very very rarely plays on KGS and only with other Korean insei. She smilingly told me that she was a star. And indeed she is. One of the famous TYGEM 9dans Jiyoung.... No wonder I was defeated with just a smile. But be asured next time I will win. :)

06-04-09 Monday has passed by now and I practiced more again than in the last days. Tsumego and learning for the test today were primary in the morning hours and after lunch I played 3 league games. Won two and lost one. One of those wins concludes my B league with a result of 7-1 and for now my A league result is 1-2. I need to work on more consistency in my play. In the evening I played my mandatory Cyberoro games which ended in another 2-1 score for today. All in all a good day even though I did not solve enough Tsumego.

- adorable plum

No comments: