寒かったら、お茶が温め、暑かったら、冷やし、鬱なら元気にし、しんどかったら、落ち着かせる。

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Training diary plus photos

18.04.09 There was an unexpected turn of things today as we returned to KBC already Saturday evening but as always the trip to Seoul has been totally inspiring for my Baduk. Despite watching the LG Cup premiliaries live I played 4 games with non-KBC players. I won against Tatu a Finnish 1-2dan at the IBA playing white in a no-komi game and against Pascal from Cannada, a 3dan, in an even game at the IBA where we stayed from Thursday until Friday. On Friday we were visiting a Baduk-English class where actually only high-dan ex-insei attend usually so the median of level there is Korean 7dan or TYGEM 9dan. I got to play an ex-insei at 4 handicap stones and in the end I won by 5 points! This means my current score is: Me 2 - Korean 7dan 0!!! After the game my opponent commented on my play estimating my current level to Korean 4dan. Yay!
On Saturday we visited a Baduk school which is run by a friend of Kim-sabomnim where we played a competition between both schools. Thirteen players vs thirteen players. Sounds like a fair match... but the crux is that every student there, even the elementary school kids are at least Cyberoro 7dan... Needless to say we lost all games but 1 which Gabriel won. He is CyberOro 7dan to. Apparrantly I lost my game to and that by 9,5 points in the end. I could not recover from a blunt mistake giving my opponent a 20 point lead right in the beginning. In the end Kim-sabomnim had to pay the price of our defeat and had to treat all the kids to icecream. We of course asked for a rematch in a couple of weeks!

Here are some more photos I made up to now:
http://picasaweb.google.com/s.rieche/SecondBatch?authkey=Gv1sRgCKGQrsb7voTaew

No comments: